November 23, 2012

Chapter 21 - "Deja Vu Roulette" (with epilogue and message from me)








And now, a personal message from Paul M. Thompson, Laughing Stroke's Creator...

As reviously mentioned last chapter, I told you all I was only doing color pages once in a while, and explained why I chose to color it (what characters looked like in various forms for example). I have nothing against color comics at all, I just see it as another option for me. I could do all these comics pages in color if I wanted to, I just don't think it would matter because I can read it and understand what is going on in the story. However if the images are far too detailed and pretty for the eyes, it's just distracting. black and white ink art, on the other hand, while easier to scan and reproduce, seems to be better at understanding what's going on rather than seeing a bunch of colors. But let me tell you this: from my end of things, comics is a form of communication through pictures, used to tell a story or send a message to whoever looks at it. And even black-and-white comics can be just as immersive as a color comic, and as nice to see visually, so it's good to understand the advantages of both formats of comics. I made this last page as a sort of "commentary" to this explanation, if anyone did not get the message.

This chapter also marks the end of the DuFlare arc as well as Jack Kammrin and friends being on vacation for the Holiday season. I'll be on break as well, working on other art pieces and comics until the end of the year, but fret not, my friends, for I am gonna be making ideas for new stories for 2013. I may even ask what stories you'd like to see in future installments, so let me know on these links:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Laughing-Stroke/176950389043636
http://palowsky.deviantart.com/
and follow me on Twitter @greatpalowsky
And you can always comment here on this blog if that's your preference.

With that being said, thank you all who read and supported me and this webcomic series, and you all have a wonderful Holiday. LET'S SEE 2013!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment