December 12, 2012

Laughing Stroke Books 1 and 2 (cover art update)

Hey, everyone. I am posting this earlier than usual to show you the covers to the first Laughing Stroke stories, along with their own titles to the books. Unfortunately, my further expiriments with "digital trades" might have to be pulled mainly for technical reasons. But you can still read most of the chapters in the archive, as I'm still gonna be leaving them up.

But for now, check out the covers I worked on should the older stories hit print. A sort of "what if..." thing here. Enjoy.


Line art of the cover to Book 1. The rectangle (for publisher and price inforamtion) was removed in the final art.


Cover to Laughing Stroke Book 1: "The Weird Warriors"




                             Cover to Laughing Stroke Book 2: "Something Creepy This Way comes"




Both were a pain to scan due to being on 11" x 17" comics art paper on a smaller A4 scanner, but in the end I liked how they turned out, especially the Book 2 cover. I edited and put the logo with a "spray paint" tool around it and typed the title underneath and credits.
Credits were spoofed (of course) in Arial Black, bold with my name underlined, the books' titles in Mortal Kombat 1 font, courtesy of The Kombat Pavillion, a Mortal Kombat fan site.

Again, I am sorry for not providing anything more for the trades anytime soon, again for technical faults, and because I am already writing and drawing the next story for 2013. I can't stop making new stuff, and sometimes it's better to leave past things as they are. Or maybe it's just me. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment